Greater Lafayette is leading the way in progressive growth and economic development by representing Indiana as the fastest growing city in the state. The ranking highlights both Lafayette and West Lafayette - City Government for increasing employment options and steady population growth, proving our community continues to thrive and provide the amenities and opportunities people need to succeed. #jobs #qualityoflife
Get in the "flea market mood" by watching this highlight video from last season! The Shipshewana Flea Market is open every Tuesday & Wednesday, May 2 - Sept 27. Plus Memorial Day, 4th of July, & Labor Day. Antique Auctions every Wednesday. Before planning your trip, be sure to visit www.shipshewanatradingplace.com, and download the free Shipshewana Trading Place mobile app (available in the App or Google Play Store) for a 2017 vendor directory!
Votes needed! Wabash Center Inc. needs your help to win the Gannett USA TODAY Community Thrives Grant for their program Grant’s House. The goal of Grant’s House is to create an outlet for young individuals with special needs and their families, so each individual has the opportunity to actively grow. Wabash Center has made it to the final step of the grant and needs our community to vote. You can vote one time per day until May 12, 2017. Click here to vote: act.usatoday.com/submit-an-idea/#/gallery/60468117/
With opening week just being one month away, here are a few things to know about the Shipshewana Flea Market:
1. It's open Tuesdays & Wednesdays, May-Sept. Also open on for extended dates on Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Labor Day week. Lots of people like to visit between Memorial Day and Labor Day to catch the highest volume of vendors.
2. Bring your walking shoes...it's huge.
3. Open rain or shine, so come prepared!
4. There are MANY types of products, so come with an open mind...lots of new items, lots of bargains, some repurposed and handmade, produce, plants, food, supplies, lots of home decor. See what kind of vendors there are by downloading our free mobile app...just search "Shipshewana" in the google play or app store.
5. Some vendors accept credit cards, but make sure you bring plenty of cash! There are ATMs on site if you need it.
6. Looking for vintage, unique or antique items? Try bidding at the Antique Auction on Wednesdays in the auction barn. Or, visit the new "FLEA"ture in the exhibition are for themed special vendors.
7. Food, bathrooms and rest areas are located throughout the market.
8. General parking is $3 per vehicle, starting Memorial Day.
9. Sign up for free giveaways, participate in our new Flea Market Find Scavenger Hunt, and learn about the Shipshewana area by visiting the information booth at the main entrance.
Get all of the essential information before you make the trip by going to our website --> shipshewanatradingplace.com/flea-market